Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sunday Meal Planning


Before I get in to the Sunday meal planning, I just want to express my deepest sympathies for the families and the community facing the massive tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut. I think it is safe to say that, while hearing about any massacre like that which occurred is horrible, it is even worse to think about a school full of terrified children. I think President Obama stated it best when he said, ""They had their entire lives ahead of them -- birthdays, graduations, weddings, kids of their own." I cannot begin to imagine what the families affected are feeling, nor could I ever, but I hope that those in Newtown know that the entire country is praying for them.

It is especially saddening because of how close this occurred to the holidays, a time of joy and cheer. While the rest of December has been full of holiday celebrations, this week already seems more quiet and subdued as people begin the trek home to see their families. I hope each of my lovely readers hugs those important to them and takes the time to tell everyone in their lives who means something to them that they care. I know I will.

Monday: scampi stuffed roasted shrimp

Tuesday: this classic recipe

Wednesday: mushroom and spinach stuffed chicken

Thursday: one of my new fave recipes

Friday I will be heading home right after work to spend the long weekend with my parents. I'll be back in NYC on Monday though, for our traditional christmas eve lunch. My lucky parents will get to schlep some of my stuff home (yay stuff!)

No comments:

Post a Comment