Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Sunday

Happy Monday after Easter. Isn't this Monday awful? Most Sundays I have a routine-- I menu plan, I food shop, I clean, I do laundry, etc. Useful things around my apartment. This Sunday, however, I was at the dog park with my dog (isn't she cute!)...


 

...on my brother's roof, with my family for Easter dinner, then a bar, then walking my dog some more and (finally, after 18 months) putting up drapes in my apartment. Doing so many Saturday-like things seriously confused me this morning when I had to wake up even EARLIER to take this little (60 lb) nugget to the dog park.



However, it was worth it as our Easter dinner was delicious and also super-healthy, which is important to all of us. We're no longer ham and mac and cheese people, we're now ham and roasted veggies and salad people. My how we've grown...

Below are some of the pics of the delish food we ate. Sadly I didn't get pics of our appetizers that we ate on the rooftop of my brother's apartment building, but those included olives, artichokes, roasted red peppers, toasted bread and cheese and a red pepper spread. These pics are from our mains, before (for the veggies) and after.


before: carrots and rosemary potatoes for roasting (the pearl onions made their way to this tray after a recommendation from yours truly that they're better more well-done)


before: zucchini, summer squash and pearl onions


green salad


Vermont Natural, uncured ham 


Mushrooms


After: roasted vegetables



No comments:

Post a Comment