Sunday, April 22, 2012

Menu Planning Sunday


Ugh. Back to real life this week. No vacation, no holiday, nothing to look forward to besides five days of solid, stressful work (we have a big medical meeting this week, so emphasis on stressful). 


I've decided I'm going to do a Sea Salt n Pepa version of the Tone It Up 7 day slimdown. I'm going to follow the basic principles of their diet but design my own dinners rather than using their recipes. The results that have been shared in the community is pretty much ridiculously impressive, so I'm hoping to get less-intense results since my meals won't be as strict. Wish me luck!


For breakfast/meal one, I picked up a big thing of Fage plain greek yogurt from Trader Joe's, strawberries and blueberries to mix in; I also got a big thing of steal cut oats which I'm making tonight and going to eat with a tiny pinch of brown sugar, dried cranberries and blueberries.


Here are my dinners:


Monday: sushi dinner with one of my girls


Tuesday: roasted vegetables (zucchini, summer squash, eggplant, mushrooms, carrots, etc.) served over tri-color quinoa


Wednesday: salmon with strawberry salsa and served with broccoli and asparagus


Thursday: white fish served over sauteed brussel sprouts and baby bellas (a recipe from my new Fast Fresh and Green cookbook)


Friday: stuffed portobello mushroom caps


Saturday: seared sea scallops over sauteed spinach with cauliflower puree


Sunday: steamed mussels in chardonnay broth with pesto drizzle

No comments:

Post a Comment