Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunday Menu Planning



Happy Mother's Day to all of the fabulous mothers who are reading this. Moms are the most important people in the world (sorry dads!)--the first women we love, who we would not be here without, and the person who will always be there for you. Every single mother has done a great service to the world as a whole and I think one day a year is not enough to celebrate every thing you all do for all of your children. I hope you had a fabulous day with your children and families and hope you have many more!

I'm lucky enough to be best friends with my mom. Like not in the "omg my mom is my best friend" sort of way, but in the--I tell my mom everything, miss her if I don't talk to her for a few days, chat on gmail and text, need her opinion for everything. She is the most amazing woman I've ever met in the world and I hope every other child feels the same about their mom! (but seriously, mine's better. don't even get me started).

I went hope this weekend, as planned, and had a great weekend. Today we played golf at my parents new club and had a wonderful time. It was the first time I played golf in 6 years and, let me tell you, i'm amazing. Haha and modest too! But seriously, who knew that playing golf was like riding a bike? I guess I have to thank my parents; if I didnt play golf since I was like 5, I doubt I would have even been able to hit the ball! But I did, and I did, and its always been a wonderful bonding experience for our family, and I'm glad I've gotten back into playing!

As always, my mom was lovely enough to buy me some food while I was home! I got a couple of chicken breasts, ground beef, two steaks, a pork loin and eggplant lasagna. So clearly I know what I'll be cooking this week!!


Monday: steak with garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli

Tuesday: hoisin glazed pork loin with roasted vegetables

Wednesday: salsa chicken, made in the slow cooker

Thursday: tacos! Being home this weekend made me miss being a kid, and what's better than tacos for getting in touch with your inner child?

Friday: corn fritters with avocado salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment