Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday Meal Planning



Not the greatest week last week-I caught a lovely virus from one of my friends and was completely out of it Monday and Tuesday. All I can say is...so.not.cute. And, as many people do, I ate a TON of comfort food. Including, but not limited to, eggplant rollatini, spaghetti and meatballs, etc. You know, heavy food that is harder to get sick from. Cute right?

Good news is twofold--prior to the stomach bug, I had an absolutely lovely weekend with two of my best friends. We went to the beach, went to a couple of bars, had some absolutely delicious (and fattening) brunches (including one place I will be reviewing later...AFTER labor day--per my mother's request--so more people don't clog up the restaurnat!). It was a pretty perfect weekend and hopefully the three of us will get to repeat.

Part 2? I lost six pounds from some pretty icky side effects of the virus. Which, to me, means my diet was jumpstarted. So I'm definitely keeping with a health food kick and hopefully I can keep the weight off (healthfully, obviously) and even potentially even lose more! 

Wish me luck!

Monday: crab-stuffed salmon with asparagus and corn

Tuesday: banana leaf-wrapped coconut cilantro salmon (from FreshDirect)

Wednesday:  apricot chicken wings (yep, you read that correctly)

Thursday: sausage, peppers and onions

Friday: Electric Zoo festival!

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend and a great Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment