Monday, October 1, 2012

Monday Menu Planning


Menu Planning Monday...it is sort of like Menu Planning Sunday, except occurs on those weeks when your brother calls you at 2:00 p.m. and tells you he has an extra ticket to Jay-Z and do you want to come?

Uh...yes. Yes I do. And I did. And it was awesome. It was at the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn, which was shockingly easy to get to (thanks 2, 3) and impressively easy to get out of. Jay-Z played all his famous hits, not just newer ones -- including I Just Wanna Love You (aka I'm a Hustler Baby) and Big Pimpin' -- and did a seven song encore. I mean, come on, it doesn't really get any better than that.

And thus, Monday is my day for planning rather than Sunday. A legitimate postponement, if you ask me. So without further ado...

Monday: soy-marinated salmon with broccoli and asparagus

Tuesday: fresh pasta with bolognese

Wednesday: mussels in marinara sauce

Thursday: baked flounder with tomato and basil

Friday I will be heading to Nashville for another wedding (yes, that is three in the last four weekends) and I am SO EXCITED to return to my college town. I've already planned every meal, even helping with the bachelorette party to ensure we get deliciousness (and that the bride has a wonderful time, obvi) 

No comments:

Post a Comment