Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Quick Pics

Hi lovely readers! I'm testing out a new type of post--one where I simply post pictures of what I've been eating recently. I don't always cook such marvelous meals as what I post on here; in fact, that only happens a couple of times a week. And the really fancy ones are only when I have guests...or too much time on a Sunday. So I'm going to start posting pictures of the simple things I've been eating with a short blurb about how to make them.



NY Strip Steak
Dont worry, I didn't eat it raw! This is the before. I cooked it on the stove top on high to give the outside a nice crust (after putting salt and pepper on from grinders). I then finished it in the oven at 350F. I like mine rare, so it only takes about 10. After 10 minutes...




Ta da!
I served my steak with mashed potatoes (not going to lie, they're the kind that comes refrigerated in the grocery store) and roasted asparagus. It took the asparagus longer to cook than the steak!




Summer tomato salad
This week I was having a serious summer craving as the temperatures in New York reached 65F! (who says global warming isnt happening?) So I made one of our staples from down the shore, a tomato salad. All you do is slice a tomato, cut up a red onion, add some olive oil and balsamic and mix! You can also add mozzarella or avocado, but I wanted a light app for my meal.




Pesto salmon
Last week I made pesto (which I'll be doing a post on when I have time since it's my FAVORITE thing to make) and have since put it on everything. Seriously. One night I decided to slather some on top of a piece of salmon and bake it in the oven. It took only about 20 minutes to have a delicious dinner!


Thoughts on quick pics? Do we like? Do we think it's a waste?

No comments:

Post a Comment