Monday, March 5, 2012

NY Wine Expo


This weekend was girls weekend with my mum, which of course means...wine!!! We went to the NY Wine Expo for the second year in a row. I highly recommend attending next year--it is always the last weekend in February or the first in March. It brings wines from all over the world (France, Italy, Greece, Crete, South Africa, New Zealand, and on and on) and brings thousands!!!


This year was much better than last. It was in a different area of the Javit Convention Center which was much more conducive to the expo, and also offered food! Last year there was only an avocado trucks serving amuse bouches and I felt bad for the workers--each time a tray came out they were bum rushed! This year they had tastings besides wine, including olive oil (got some of that! It will be highlighted on seasaltnpepa.blogspot.com in my Fave Products post this week), cheeses, foie gras, etc. and had things on sale like knives, wine accessories, and kitchen supplies.


The Grand Tastings, which we attend, are four hours. I highly recommend the Saturday mid-afternoon one. Although I recommend taking a nap afterwards!!!


Below are the labels I took pictures of while there...aka my favorites!










No comments:

Post a Comment